From: "AskShell@Shell.com" <AskShell@Shell.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:53:13 AM
Subject: RE: Rotella Ask Our Expert: Oil Analysis William, Rotella T
15W-40 "with Triple Protection" is the newest API classification, CJ-4
and it has approximately 1200 ppm zinc. This is 50% more zinc than
current passenger car motor oils (SM, GF-4) which contain
approximately 800 ppm zinc. Passenger car motor oils had approximately
1200 ppm zinc prior to 2001. In 2001 the zinc was reduced to 1000 ppm
and in 2005 reduced again to the current 800 ppm.

Thus, the new Rotella T with Triple Protection 15W-40 CJ-4 has the
same zinc content that passenger car motor oils had in 2000 before the
current problems with flat tappet engines began. See the link below
for additional information.

"http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=rotella-en&FC2=/rotella-en/html/iwgen/press_release_2006/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/rotella-en/html/iwgen/press_release_2006/cj-4_triple_1006.html"

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 800-231-6950.
Thank you for your interest in Shell products.

Regards,

Keith Perry
Technical Information Center
Customer Service: (800) 840-5737
Technical Support: (800) 231-6950
Website, Shell Lubricants, USA:
"http://www.shell.com/home/content/us-en/shell_for_businesses/oils_lubricants/welcome_lubricants.html"

BILL'S NOTE TO ME
Hi Greg,
I hope this help clear up the Rotella T 15W-40 question. I also asked
him when the next oil change might occur and they said 2010 or 11.
Right now there is 1200 PPm which should be plenty for the Flat Tappet
engines. So it looks like Rotella T is good stuff and I plan on using
it. While I was writing this email the SP 1000 is an hour away from
being delivered. So the long wait will be over.
Also I emailed a engineer friend of mine at the York Harley Davidson
plant and asked him about the hd 360 formula so we will see what he
has to say also. Ok I better get off here and get ready for the Guzzi
arrival. Ie make room in the garage.

Hope this helps the group
Bill Bruno
Wayne, Pa.
Ps. Please feel free to post this on the group also Greg.
Thanks again

Regards,

Greg Bender

Join LoopFrames@MotoGuzzi.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.